Sited within the Grand Canal Square in the Docklands area of Dublin, Ireland the new £68 million Grand Canal Theatre opened it’s doors to the public on schedule in March 2010.
In June 2008 LSI Projects was awarded by the main contractor ‘Sisks’ the contract for the Sound & Communications package for the Grand Canal Theatre, a package which included Systems design, supply, installation and project management.
The design phase of the project, under the management of LSI systems designer and project manager Jakub Krzeminski began in early June 2008 and was completed on time for an on-site start date in March 2009.
LSI’s installation team under the direction of Project Manager Jakub Krzeminski were on –site for a scheduled period of 10 months completing in early January 2010, two months ahead of the theatre’s opening performance of Swan Lake by the Russian State Ballet on the 18th March 2010.
Main Sound system
* 53 d&b audiotechnik sound system speakers
* 16 d&b audiotechnik sound system amplifiers
* MIDAS VERONA 40 CHANNEL ANALOGUE MIXING CONSOLE
* Effects mobile rack with TC Electronics & Klark Technic equipment
* Playback & Recording mobile rack with Tascam and HHB equipment
* 37 microphones, 44 microphone stands with storage mobile flight-cases
* BSS Soundweb 8x8 sound system matrix digital processor
Paging & Show relay system
* 317 paging speakers
* 4 zones, with 11 amplification sub-zones based on BSS Soundweb 8x16 sound system matrix
* Custom built paging stations
* Stage managers system, including GDS SM Desk with 20 channel Cue light
* Hard of hearing system, including 8 Sennheiser infra red radiator panels and
Box office 1 to 1 induction loops
* Show relay audio and video distribution systems, including AV over IP MATV
* Ring intercom system including Tecpro equipment
* 8 installed 42U racks
* 191 Sound facility panels (socket boxes)
* Total of 87km of multi-core cables